The death of a loved one naturally causes great stress, and handling a loved one’s estate only adds to this stress. This is especially true because most people do not have much experience with what is called Probate Law, which ensures your loved one’s estate is properly valued and distributed in accordance with the wishes of the deceased.
With the professional guidance of Lydy and Moan this process can be made less stressful. We help you make the process less burdensome and make it as expeditious as possible. We guide you through every step of this legal process, so you can settle your loved one’s estate as easily as possible.
The Executor’s duties include:
- Filing the will with the Ohio probate court
- Getting court approval as estate administrator and posting bond
- Finding and assembling assets
- Paying creditors and claimants
- Collecting amounts owed the estate
- Transferring assets from the deceased to the estate
- Paying current and delinquent taxes as well as estate taxes
- Valuing, managing, preserving and liquidating the estate
- Locating beneficiaries, and hiring experts, when appropriate